• Kobo and Charging/Battery

Posted by Jill Kennedy, 4 years ago

Just wondering if anyone knows how it is charged? Does it need to be plugged into a computer or does it come with a plug for an outlet? That would be great for long trips with no computer access

Comments on this post:
  • 4 years ago

I certainly haven't seen anything that talks about being able to plug it in.

report this

• 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure it needs to be connected to a computer via USB cable to charge.

report this

• Tara Davis

• Chapters Employee

4 years ago

Yes, it charges like an ipod when it's plugged into your com[puter

report this

• eBooks Editor

• Editor
    • Indigo Employee

4 years ago

Hello all,

All comments above are accurate, the eReader can be charged by connecting it to your computer with the USB cord.

There will also be an optional accessory if you prefer to charge it directly from an A/C outlet.

You may also find that your cell phone charger will work -- apparently, these A/C chargers are often interchangeable, so before you buy one specifically for the reader, check to see if your cell charger is compatible.

report this

• 4 years ago

But unfortunately, until the Kobo is in our hot little hands, we won't know if we need a charger for the reader or not. Also, if this is an accessory, I wonder how long before it will be available. And finally, phones seem to all have different sized chargers. My husband and I have a phone each, different phones, and the chargers are NOT interchangeable.

report this

• 4 years ago

it needs to be charged though usb computer cable which can be kinda slow I only know of one that can adapt to a wall plug in (it's included) and that's the amazon kindle.

report this

• 4 years ago

Is the plug-in accessory available now? Will the charger work off the electrical current in other countries? This is quite important since on trips one will not necessarily want to carry along a computer to use for charging by USB-port.

report this

• 4 years ago

Is it possible that any universal usb travel charger adapter could be used in the absence of a computer for recharging the Kobo? If so, these are already available.

report this

• eBooks Editor

• Editor
    • Indigo Employee

4 years ago

The wall plug in is definitely coming, but I don't have a firm availability date at this point. But you're right Paul, any micro USB charger will work -- my Blackberry's wall charger works, for example.

report this

• 3 years ago

Good news for anyone with a Blackberry Torch because the plug in adapter you use to charge your phone works for the reader too. Just don't try and use the berry cord because the connection is different!!

report this

• 3 years ago

The adapter for ac provided for the iphone works perfectly for the Kobo. Not only that, but the adapter is compatible with European wattage so easily used in Europe as well, without lugging along a computer.

report this

• 15 months ago

I'm glad that I read through these comments. I didn't think that the battery was charging because it is soooo slow, but according to Sarah, this is the norm. Thx Sarah.

report this

• 8 months ago

Yes you can plug it into a wall plug in as well as your computer. I just got mine today.

report this

• Cancel   

> Read more posts from: April 2010

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo