Item not added

This item is not available to order at this time.

See used copies from 00.00
  • My Gift List
  • My Wish List
  • Shopping Cart
  • KOBO E-Reader PDF

Posted by Gaelan Melvin, 4 years ago

i have a large amount of PDFs and a program that lets me make them, will i be able to read them on the KOBO?

Comments on this post:
  • 4 years ago

You will be able to read PDF files on the Kobo, but according to this review, not very well.

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2010/04/08/f-kobo-ereader.html#socialcomments

report this

• 4 years ago

Thanks for the link to the article. Now after reading that PDFs aren't handled very well, and that the startup time is 40 seconds (!!!), I'm seriously considering cancelling my preorder. I have a lot of PDFs I plan to read, and don't really like the idea of having to scroll side-to-side as I read.

report this

• 4 years ago

after reading the article i would still buy it, i convert files from text into PDF, so i can chose the font size before changing it, with a bit of practice i can fine tune it to my taste

report this

• 4 years ago

Using a combination of tools, I have been able to reliably convert PDF files to a very readable ePub version. It's kind of a pain but it works well enough for me. I have already converted some of my PDF files in anticipation of receiving my Kobo.

The tools I use are Mobipocket reader and Calibre.

Mobipocket will import a PDF and convert it to PRC for use within Mobipocket. Calibre can then import the PRC and convert to ePub. This works very well in my limited trials.

I did try using Calibre to convert directly from PDF to ePub but it didn't work as well and the file size of the resulting ePub was nearly double for some reason.

Either way, this works well enough that I see no real need to display PDFs on the Kobo.

report this

• Cancel   

> Read more posts from: April 2010

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo