Books into movies

Posted by Marie-France Lemire, 4 years ago

Hey everyone,
    okay so far the movies made based on JP books are: my sister's keeper, the tenth circle, A plain truth and the pact (forgvive me if i am missing one, those are the ones i have seen and know are based on the books). Are there any of her books you would like to see made into a movie? Also if you have scene any of the ones mentionned above and any other what did you think? I loved my sister's keeper, and a plain truth. Both i thought were very good to the story, to her writting, both close to the actual book(yes my sister's keeper ends differently but very close throughout). I did not like the pact movie,the book could not put it down, the movie, was just okay. I also was not a huge fan of the tenth circle. Maybe it is just something about her books, the writting maybe that makes them more enjoyable to read. Yet i would love to see Salem falls,19 minutes and perfect match made into movies, with the artfullness and precision of my sister's keeper and a plain truth.

• Poll 3 votes

Jodi Picoult movies inspired by books

Which is your favourite movie based on a JP book?

the ending of house rules...

Posted by Sara Enns, 4 years ago

is anyone who has read house rules doesn't mind messaging me...i finished reading it last night and am having a head scratching moment about the end. would LOVE anyone else's thoughts. THANKS.

Jodi talks to Indigo readers

Posted by Fiction Editor, 4 years ago

We've got a special greeting from Jodi to our Indigo shoppers as she introduces the book trailer to her latest novel, House Rules.

• Jodi greets Indigo readers

New Book

Posted by Marie-France Lemire, 5 years ago

Hey everyone, it`s been a while since a post but here is what`s going on. I have three books left on my Jodi Picoult reading list and just finished a good one (Vanishing Act). So if you have heard her new book debuts March 2 2010 and I am so very excited! Any thoughts, it deals with the very real reality of autism and how society view people with it. Also if you are not a member I highly recommend to check out her website where they have exclusive interviews and you can sign up to receive a Picult it`s an e-mail delivered to your inbox every so often you often get sneek peeks at books coming up, tour dates and locations and more fun stuff. Check out the website to read a chapter of her book coming out in 2011. A very different concept, something new and different. Here is the website, enjoy, please post about books your readting and your thoughts about the new book coming out soon, called 'House Rules'! www.jodipicoult.com

My Sister's Keeper book Discussion

Posted by Cathy B, 5 years ago

Hey guys, I found this book discussion online and i thought i would share it with you guys. It does contain spoilers so if you haven't read My Sisters Keeper than i wouldn't recommend you reading the discussion. Feel Free to comment the answers, I would love to hear what you guys thought. See the questions here: bestsellers.about.com/od/bookclubquestions/a/MySistersKeeper.htm

• What to read Next

Posted by Cathy B, 5 years ago

Hey Guys, I am a new Fan of Jodi Picoult. My First read was Handle with Care and I Loved it, I just finished My Sister's Keeper, Now I am wondering what to read Next, I have a list of her books, but i thought i would ask you guys for some recommendations, Any Will Help. Thanks!!

• My sisters keeper

Posted by Marie-France Lemire, 5 years ago

I saw the movie and cried the whole way trhough. I love it, even though i knew exactly what was happening and going on but still, even on the few funny parts i was laughing through my tears! It was a great movie, i highly recommend it. the ending was different but i think it works. I mean when i was reading the book i thought that would be the ending. I think the movie is just so full, there is so much stuff the book ending would have been too much i think. I kind of thought it was interesting sitting a room full of strangers and all of us crying and sobbing together! It was weird but i mean it was an amazing movie so much so that i am going to see it a second time with my female relatives, The first time i saw it i had to be alone, i had to go experience it alone but now I am glad to see it again and probably appreciate it a little more since i know now even more what to expect and well very good, on my opinion the best of the movie made from her books.

> Read more posts from: July 2009

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo