Item not added

This item is not available to order at this time.

See used copies from 00.00
  • My Gift List
  • My Wish List
  • Shopping Cart
  • e-reader..a good thing?

Posted by Jax, 3 years ago

Have been considering an e-redear for some time but still sitting on the fence post.
    There are so many on the market and shopping for them is getting confusing. On one hand I still love of the feel a good book in my hands but on the other I can completely see the ease of bringing the e-reader with you when out and about.

Have any of you gone over to the e-reader side and how much do you love it?

Comments on this post:
  • 3 years ago

I have an e-reader and it's definitely easier to travel with it than carrying a bunch of books. I can also download books from our community library and don't have to worry about returning the books. I have to say the e-reader takes up much less storage space than all the books I have lying around. However, if it's a really, really good series -- I'll still purchase the book. I don't love my e-reader but I like it because it's very practical.

report this

• 3 years ago

I was the same way I thought that I would not like a ereader but I love mine. now when I am finished with a book I don't have to go to my bookshelf to put it back and get a new one I just go to it on my nook and start reading

report this

• Amy

3 years ago

I have had a Kobo for 6 mon now.It has no back-light so it's easier on the eyes and has the look of a book It uses an e-ink system.The new kobo touch is amazing I just purchased one for my son as a gift.We each have a book sleeve cover on them so it still feels like a book.The kobo touch book sleeve has a built in light for reading in dark or shMy time spent shopping has increased.I read more books, and I am also reading PDF's from research papers I also read I have no experience with zines or publication subscriptions,but I hear it is good.

report this

• Unknown User

• Most Helpful

3 years ago

-Message Deleted-

report this

• 2 years ago

I was against the whole e-reader thing at first, but then, two Xmases ago, my hubby bought me the first Kobo (Wi-Fi). I LOVED IT!!!! It's so great to never lose your page, you get books at cheaper rates, you can buy book bundles for the price of buying two books in the store (sometimes)! This past Xmas, my hubby up-dated me to the Kobo Vox and, I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed in it. The old Kobo would hold a charge for about a week (and I read A LOT), but the Vox has to be charged at least once a day, if not more frequently. Also the screen on the Vox is not the greatest if you like to read outdoors, because the glare is horrendous. If I were you, I would get the Kobo Touch, which is the best of both worlds. Good luck!

report this

• Cancel   

> Read more posts from: July 2011

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo