Review of "Ether Frolics" at Steampunk Canada

Posted by Paul Marlowe, 2 years ago

"Paul Marlowe has once again written a fine story, but this time he has done it nine times over. Even the author's foreword and the introductions to each section are quite entertaining. I highly recommend Ether Frolics. It is such fine storytelling, you will be so enthralled your tea will go cold!"
    -Lee Ann Farruga, Steampunk Canada

House of Night Character Challenge

Posted by Jennifer Ironside, 3 years ago

How well do you know the characters (and pets) in P.C. and Kristin Cast's "House of Night" series?

1. What elements does Zoey Redbird have affinity for?

2. What is the name of Zoey's cat?

3. In what city did Stevie Rae grow up?

4. Where did the name "James Stark" come from?

5. How many times did Zoey and Heath share an imprint?

6. What nickname does Grandma Redbird call Zoey?

7. Name the nun who owns "Street Cats".

8. What type of animal is Persephone?

9. Which character placed first in the International House of Night monologue competition?

10. What colour are Neferet's eyes?

Answers are at: kissesgrim.blogspot.com

How many did you get right?

• any recombination

Posted by Katie, 3 years ago

I love Kelley Armstrong and Kim Harrison, kinda books and love the horror mystery. Is there any books you can recommend ?

My Top Teen Paranormal Books for 2011

Posted by Jennifer Ironside, 3 years ago

1. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
    2. Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
    3. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare*
    4. The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan
    5. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
    6. Red Glove by Holly Black
    7. Chime by Franny Billingsley
    8. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
    9. Fateful by Claudia Gray
    10. Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr

*I haven't read this yet but I'm sure it will be a favourite.

Visit kissesgrim.blogspot.com for more of my picks. What are your top ten for 2011?

• Fever Series to be made into a movie

Posted by Veggie Shark, 3 years ago

So it looks like they are making the Fever series into a movie! I really hope they do a good job of it. It bothers me to no end that the writer of this article compares it to Twilight. Sadly, I feel like every urban fantasy novel will now be compared to it, ugh. Anyways, anyone have any ideas as to what actor could possibly live up to Barrons?

www.cinemablend.com/new/DreamWorks-Has-The-Fever-For-Karen-Marie-Moning-s-Fantasy-Series-26338.html

• So happy I could join

Posted by nucleargoldfish, 3 years ago

I am soo happy I could join this group, you see I have had many paranormal experiences in the past, mainly since I can see dead people. So lets read on and enjoy

• e-reader..a good thing?

Posted by Jax, 3 years ago

Have been considering an e-redear for some time but still sitting on the fence post.
    There are so many on the market and shopping for them is getting confusing. On one hand I still love of the feel a good book in my hands but on the other I can completely see the ease of bringing the e-reader with you when out and about.

Have any of you gone over to the e-reader side and how much do you love it?

> Read more posts from: July 2011

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo