Phaedo

Posted by Ben Trainor, 6 years ago

Hi all, sorry for my inactivity since creating this group, school has been pretty heavy for the last little while.

I am currently adding the finishing touches to an essay taking on the indivisibility of the soul as presented by Socrates in Plato's Phaedo and I was wondering if anyone else has read this work.

I am attacking the prospect of an indivisible soul by arguing that a soul is composite, made up of thoughts and experiences which actually allows for a soul to be 'destroyed' through division after death. My main problem is proving that the necessary and individual elements that make up a soul, are in fact individual.

Any thoughts on how I could separate the concept of a 'thought' from a concept of an 'experience'? Has anyone else read the Phaedo?

- Ben.

• What a great book:)

Posted by silvia tamas, 6 years ago

hi everyone! I just picked up "Beyong Good and Evil". I would love to hear your thoughts on it. thanks!

• Nietzsche's "Beyond Good and Evil"

Posted by Ben Trainor, 6 years ago

Okay, so I'm slowly working my way though this one, it's a hell of a read. Nietzsche is probably one of my favourite philosophers to read because of his frustrated style. He takes constant shots at Plato and Kant, which are ridiculously amusing. Currently 2/3 the way through and I'm loving every page. I'll admit, however, I'm mostly watching for ammunition to defend him against those who associate him with Nazism.

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo