Gridlinked - Solid SF

Posted by Bookmason, 4 years ago

Loved this, going to get the rest of this series. He has at least 10 books for me to read

Gridlinked is the first of the Ian Cormac Polity SF novels by Neal Asher. This is a brilliant first novel creating a fascinating universe that is just screaming out to be explored.

This novel written in 2001 has been one I've looked for the last year or so and found in a Value Village in TO last month. This is the first in a series and I hope to read them all. Rare for me not to find a series at the start and I'm always waiting for the next to be published, but in this case I can go out and find the others and get caught up.

I'm adding Asher to my must read SF English writers list of Iain Banks, Richard Morgan, Peter F.Hamilton and Alastair Reynolds.

Silly Military SF

Posted by Bookmason, 4 years ago

For Weber and Military SF fans only

Can't really explain why I bought this or why I liked it so much. It is total Military SF silliness, but so fast paced that you don't have time to think about the gaping holes in it. A crazy mix of Earth invasion, galactic politics and the most popular genre in recent fiction (think teeth) it all sort of works at least while you're reading it.

Not for all tastes, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

> Read more posts from: October 2010 or December 2010

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo