• 1 person found this helpful

Pink & Fuzzy

Posted by Bookmason, 4 years ago

Ninjas, the end of the world, love, comedy, adventure, what more can one ask for

I picked this up in the store because the PINK FUZZY cover grabbed my attention. This is Nick Harkaway's first novel and I generally give a new writer the first 4 or 5 pages in the bookstore to decide whether I will buy their book or not.

I liked it enough last fall to pick it up, wasn't sure why as little of the actual tale is told at the start, I just liked the feel. Finally made it to top of my TBR pile a week ago and should have been there right after I bought it.

I compare this a little to the Sci Fi tined tales written by Jonathan Lethem, but only because both are brilliantly written and compelling. Gone Away World exceeds on every level. The story surprises you with plot twists you didn't see coming, but that make perfect sense in the world created by Harkaway.

It is at times a coming of age story, a comedy, a tragedy and a martial arts primer. Harkaway appears to have melded everything he loves seamlessly into a whole; ninjas and Mad Max meet in a tale of love and redemption.

Highly recommended to anyone looking for something completely unexpected.

> Read more posts from: January 2010 or March 2010

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo