• 'Breaking Dawn' Launch Party at Chapters/Indigo

Posted by Nicki, 7 years ago

My name is Nicki and I work in the marketing department at Indigo. On Friday August 1st at midnight a selection of Indigo stores will be hosting a party for the launch of 'Breaking Dawn'. We want YOU to celebrate with us and to help us come up with a theme for the party.

Below are a few themes to choose from. Vote for the one you like the best.
    If you have any other ideas or thoughts we would love to hear about them. You can post them in the comments.

Once more plans are finalized, we will come back and share all the exciting details with you!

Thanks for your help!

Comments on this post:
  • 7 years ago

It might sound cheesy but i remember watching some movies with a mascuerade ball where their costumes resembled animals (I believe the movie i have in mind is Ever After). And i think that having a masquerade it would fit for the books ( their more like creatures then animals thou) that and ive always wanted to dress up in a crazy custume and go to a masquerade. although im not sure how other twilight fans would feel about this type of idea, not everyone is as eccentric as me. But thats also the beauty of a masquerade, you get to dress up and pretend to be something or someone else and wear a mask so no one knows it's you, unless you want them to.

report this

• 7 years ago

Actually i thought up another cool aspect to having a masquerade. In Twilight the characters have hidden identities (vampire, werewolf) that they must keep secret. We all have our own "hidden creatures" inside us that we keep secret from the world. So in celebration of the arrival of Breaking Dawn, Twilight fans should seize this opportunity to reveal their own inner creature.

report this

• Taylor Hurley

• Chapters Employee

7 years ago

Being a Meyer fan and a Chapters employee, I am pretty excited about the release. Ithink the masquerade theme could be super fun, and really help to pull in more involvement from employees as well as the general public. It would be cool to have a mask making group the day before release so customers and staff could prepare - and to build excitement. there could also be cross-over theme: costumes as wedding dresses, or external decorations. Plus there's dressing up like the vampires and werewolves themselves. A werewold bride? A vampire prom king?

I just remember all the fun we had with Harry Potter. I can't wait to be involved in something like this!

report this

• 7 years ago

We tried to do a prom or formal dance for our last Harry Potter event and you really need some cash to do it right so I'd have to vote for the Masquerade Ball. I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with a fresh theme and it's certainly not easy.
    Maybe you could use Italy for some inspiration. They are famous for their masquerade and part of New Moon is set there. You could do vampires through the ages trivia. Or couples/lovers through the ages.
    If you go with the wedding I recommend Storybook Love- the song from The Princess Bride movie.
    I hope some Chapters stores get to participate in this event. WE have no Indigo in Nova Scotia and the Meyers books took off here ages ago!

report this

• 7 years ago

I think the masquerade sounds like a lot of fun. It would give me a reason to use one of my own masks.

Rhyan
    http://rhyansplace.blogspot.com

report this

• 7 years ago

I think it would look just lovely with a wedding theme. Already I suspect that the impending wedding with have a 1918 feel and I think that just completely jives with Edward. I too hope that my somewhat local Chapters can participate in the event. I think I would take a trip down just to go and see it. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

report this

• 7 years ago

AHHHH!! Um, Well me and my friend Elizibeth would really really like to go to this party we are HUGE fans of Stephenie Meyers books, and I was wondering, which Indigo's is this party taking place at?? D; If you could please reply me I would be soo happy!

report this

• 7 years ago

is there gonna be one in winnipeg???

report this

• 7 years ago

That is what I am hoping for. I live in Thompson and I would totally make the trip down if there is going to be a launch party there!

report this

• 7 years ago

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have one in Winnipeg! And for those of you who live in North Dakota or Minneapolis it isnt too far of a drive! It’s 3.5 hours from Grand Forks, 4.5 hours from Fargo, and about 7.5 from mall of america area bloomington i think!! Just a heads up!!! I’m driving down to MOA for her Host book signing tour May 6th should be fun!!!

report this

• 7 years ago

Is there going to be some sort of list to tell us which stores are going to be having these release parties?

report this

• 7 years ago

grand forks is only 2.5 hrs away and fargo is 3.5 i make the trip atleast twice a year...TRUST ME!!!!...^^...[im gonna call them tomorrow and post bak on here what i find out...]

report this

• 7 years ago

Please PLEASE have one in Hamilton or the Hamilton area. Even in Toronto. You have no idea how many Twlight series fans there are here!

report this

• 7 years ago

I agree with Husnia - Hamilton release party please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Maybe Ancaster Meadowlands Chapters???)

report this

• 7 years ago

Definitely. The Chapters in Meadowlands is pretty big, so it can accompany lots of people. Please oh PLEASE have a release party there! My life would be fulfilled!!! =)

report this

• 7 years ago

I think it would only be fair that all Chapters across Canada host the release party for Breaking Dawn. If not i do hope there wil be one in Ottawa

report this

• 7 years ago

I spoke with someone at the Winnipeg Polo Park store and she said that the store would be doing something she just wasn't sure what that was,

report this

• 7 years ago

Will there be one in Calgary, Alberta?

As for the theme, I would prefer the Masquerade.
    Hopefully set in the 1918. Get dressed up for that time period and it can be anything! Can be a birthday (celebrating Edward's bday!) or the wedding! Since the wedding has somewhat a 1918 vide to it (The ring and the dress)

The prom was a main even in Twilight, so i would like the theme more towards the events that would be in Breaking Dawn.

Another great idea would be to decorate Chapters/Indigo stores to have the early 20th century look!!

During the HP7 release, there were stamps available.
    Can we get a quote in Edward's 'handwriting'/font? (Like 'Be Safe' , etc) and one in Jacob's (for Team Jacob)?

That would be great!!! ^_^

report this

• 7 years ago

ya i called the polopark one in wpg too, talked to the manager, he says there are talks of one and he's trying really hard to make it possible, BUT nothing definite yet...he has my # to call if nething changes...we should start a petition for the Wpg location...w00tw00t!!

report this

• 7 years ago

The Chapters in Ancaster may have one because they have had ones in the past for Harry Potter, which obviously is a MAJOR release event. I may try calling them soon, Husnia!!! :)

report this

• 7 years ago

Sweet! I might be going to Costco on Monday, so if I have a chance, I'll drop by and ask if they have any idea yet. And as soon as I find out, I'll let you know Sarah. =)

report this

• 7 years ago

Awesome! Thanks! : )

report this

• 7 years ago

I agree with the Ancaster Chapters Location!

report this

• 7 years ago

I went today to the Ancaster Chapters and the girl said that she hasn't heard of anything yet, and there's no postings about it either. It's a bit early anyways, so I'll try again in a few weeks or so.

report this

• 7 years ago

I will try as well - maybe ask them manager or something - who knows? Thanks for checking Husnia - and btw, if you are on facebook, Jessica and I just started a group for Ontario Twilight fans if you are interested - then we can post stuff there too. And for anyone else here from ON. :)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14765499119

report this

• 7 years ago

Which Indigo is this happening at? Various ones are a few specific ones? Is there going to be one at an Indigo in Toronto? Oh and can just anybody really go?

report this

• 7 years ago

where are the parties going to be ????

need to know !

report this

• 6 years ago

They should have a party in The World's Biggest Book Store (downtown Toronto) , that would be an awesome party!

report this

• 6 years ago

Me and my friends are soooo excited for this we are huge twilight fans!!! we have voted like a gazillion times for the masquerade!! but as soon as anyone has more details, can they post them as soon as possible?? we are dying waiting to find out if we should buy prom dresses or masks!

report this

• 6 years ago

Morgan, if you guys are from Ontario and have Facebook you should join my fan group for us Ontarians - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14765499119

We're trying to keep updated on these release parties - I have ppl calling Chapters locations to get more info! :)

report this

• 6 years ago

Will there be one in Nova Scotia/ Halifax? There are alot of fans here. Trust me.

report this

• 6 years ago

The Dartmouth Chapters is having an event. There are no official details yet but it looks like it will be a masquerade.

report this

• JB

6 years ago

This site has info about BD release party stuff
    http://bdreleasepartyto.webs.com/
    I can hardly wait until august

report this

• 6 years ago

Can you PLEASE have a midnight release On Vancouver Island at the Nanaimo or Victoria Chapters. I would be FOREVER Thankful could.

report this

• 6 years ago

Oh, I hope there's one in Regina(Saskatchewan Capital)! or maybe Saskatoon . But for some reason, I have doubt about one being in Saskatchewan because..well....it's saskatchewan.

report this

• 6 years ago

just got a personnal call from the manager at the Polopark Chapters Location in Winnipeg, MB...and its official we're gonna be having a Midnight Masquarade...^^...im the first to know in the city besides him ...:P...NEWAYS enjoy the happie news!!!

report this

• 6 years ago

If I can get 200 Or more people to sign a petition/join the group for a Breaking Dawn Midnight Book release on Vancouver Island, would you be able to make it happen???? The petition will be on Facebook here is the address http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=19868999007 and here is the name of the group "Petition For a Breaking Dawn Book Release on Vancouver Island"

report this

• 6 years ago

During the launching, you guys should cover the walls in giant posters of trees, like the forest in forks! It would be so cool!
    The lighting has to be really "intense" if you know what I mean.
    I also am wondering... I heard Stephenie Meyer will be doing a breaking dawn book signing at some point. Is this true? if so, when? (for vancouver)
    I REALLY like the Masquerade idea!!!!!!<3333333

report this

• 6 years ago

During the launching, you guys should cover the walls in giant posters of trees, like the forest in forks! It would be so cool!
    I also am wondering... I heard Stephenie Meyer will be doing a breaking dawn book signing at some point. Is this true? if so, when? (for vancouver)

report this

• 6 years ago

report this

• 6 years ago

report this

• 6 years ago

what stores will have this and where because i am a big fan and i want to be there

report this

• 6 years ago

Here you go: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/Breaking-Dawn-midnight-store-events/BD_storelisting-promonb.html?s_campaign=PR_bdawn_Jun08 (check Lisa Simone's post, it's her link)

report this

• 6 years ago

The Chapters near my house is hosting a masquerade ball as the event and I can't wait. My friend and I already have our dresses and our masks. Now all that's left is the wait. XD

report this

• 6 years ago

Iam going in search of a dress tomorrow and I am getting ideas for my mask. I just found out last week our indigo in Charlottetown is having a party! I don't get out much lol. I am totally excited

report this

• 6 years ago

I think Chapters and such basically decided mostly to a masquerade. I'm soo excited I'ma get a pretty dress and mask and everything =) I've always wanted to go to a Masque so now my dreams get to come true.

report this

• 6 years ago

I LOVE it that they're having a party during the release of BREAKING DAWN and all.... but don't you think they should have the party in the morning? Just saying.... Also which of ALL the stores will have launch parties?(just curious) All in All I'd LOVE to go to the party but 12 o'clock -- midnight is TOO late for my mom to let me go.. So I'll be waitng 'til its AUGUST THE 2ND................Mixed emotions.. =) (=

report this

• 6 years ago

How does the party work, Does it take a long time, is it just one big line every one gets in and waits till midnight to get thier books. i really want to go but i cant stay out to late.

report this

• 6 years ago

If it's anything like the HArry Potter book release I went to then they will probably have a party type thing and maybe activies to do. I'm not sure. I wonder what time it starts at. Iknow the book gets sold at midnight but I'm not sure what time ithe masquerade would start

report this

• 6 years ago

I prefer the wedding idea because Edward and Bella are engaged and I hope they marry in this new book. I even have a torn up funky white wedding like dress from halloween that I can wear. But I guess even if it's a masquerade I can wear the dress and add a mask lolz I can't wait! AHHHHH lol

report this

• 6 years ago

I know it's gonna be a masquerade, but where are the places it's coming? Will it be in PEI?

report this

• 6 years ago

Theres one at the Indigo in Charlottetown. I'll be there :)

report this

• 6 years ago

where can we buy masquarade masks?????

report this

• 6 years ago

where can we buy masquarade masks?????

report this

• 6 years ago

You can buy masquerade masks at dollar stores, party supply stores and costume stores. And the store where you attend the event will likely have a table set up where you can make a mask for yourself.

report this

• Natalia

• Most Interesting

6 years ago

Will Chapters-Montreal (the one on St Catherine Street) be doing something fun like all this you guys talk about? I called a couple of days ago, and they said they didn't know yet! They will be selling for sure the book at midnight, but they didn't know if they're doing something more than that! =(

report this

• 6 years ago

Is there going to be one in Ottawa, Ontario ?
    If so where could I find out which Indigos/Chapters
    Will be hosting it..

report this

• 6 years ago

There is a Breaking Dawn Party in Regina Sask, at Chapters, August 1st-10pm-12pm.. Hope to see all the Twilighters there. And if you are wondering where all the Breaking Dawn Parties are to be held, check out this site and it will give you a huge list. Do not worry people, they are everywhere.
    http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/Breaking-Dawn-midnight-store-events/BD_storelisting-promonb.html
    Have a splended evening.
    Deepest Regards: Dezsiree.C

report this

• 6 years ago

There is a Breaking Dawn Party in Regina Sask, at Chapters, August 1st-10pm-12pm.. Hope to see all the Twilighters there. And if you are wondering where all the Breaking Dawn Parties are to be held, check out this site and it will give you a huge list. Do not worry people, they are everywhere.
    http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/Breaking-Dawn-midnight-store-events/BD_storelisting-promonb.html
    Have a splended evening.
    Deepest Regards: Dezsiree.C

report this

• 6 years ago

Regina, Sask, August 1st-10pm-12am

report this

• Cancel   

> Read more posts from: March 2008

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo