Item not added

This item is not available to order at this time.

See used copies from 00.00
  • My Gift List
  • My Wish List
  • Shopping Cart
  • Three Days to Dead (Dreg City Series)

Posted by J-9, 4 years ago

Hello,

This is the first book in a new series, I believe the second one does not come out till 2010. This book is darker and gritty, so if you are a fan of the Saintcrow's series you will enjoy this book as well.

Evangeline Stone, Evy, has some problems. First she wakes up naked, second she discovers that she has woken up in the morgue, third she is not in her body and fourth she cant seem to remember what had happened to her before she died. Before Evy died she was a Dreg Hunter, she hunts rouge paranormals (anything ranging from vampire to fey to goblins), within a group called the Triads. However, now the Triads after Evy and alive or dead, with the focus on the dead, is the protocol that the Triads follow. Now Evy is attempting to piece together her last few days to figure out her last assignment and why she is on everyone's Hit list while dodging bullets from both the Triads and the Dregs. But Evy is on a time limit she only has three days to piece together what happened to her and what is happening in her city and she has a feeling bad feeling if she dies before she figures out what is doing on, her city as she knows it is going to die.

I really enjoyed this book. It was action packed with some twist and turns along the way, as Evy is unsure of who she is able to trust. It does have the normal paranormals, but there are also trolls, goblins, gargoyles and different kinds of Fey that do play a prominent part in the novel. I really enjoyed Evy as a lead character she was kick-ass and witty.

I will say that I was not the biggest fan of the character Wyatt, you will have to form your own opinion, but if just seemed that as much as he said he liked her for who she was, it appeared to me that he was always attempting to coddle her and change her. But other than this i really liked this book.

Enjoy!

• Tea, Crumpets and Parasols.

Posted by J-9, 4 years ago

Hello,

The book is Soulless by Gail Carriger and it is the first in a new series. It is based in the mid to late 1800. It is really smart and witty, with English Humor.

The book is based around Alexia Tarabotti, a lady, who is an old spinster (i guess 26 is old back then). Alexia is a spinster (according to society and her family) because she is too old and Italian, which means she has the Italian's tan skin, stubborn, outspoken personality and a larger nose. She is also Soulless, nope no soul in her body (which her family does not know) or also known as preternatural, instead of supernatural and really she is just bored with her life and in search of her next meal, preferable treacle tarts. In this world Vampire and Werewolves are known to the world and live should to shoulder with the creme de la creme of society. So when Alexia comes across a Vampire in the Library, in the home of a party she is attending, she is not overly concerned for all vampires are told about her when they are made, but she upset that the tea and treats she has ordered is being interrupted (honestly, who has a party without food). However, this young one, seems to know nothing about her and attackers her for his next meal, bad manners indeed. Well Alexia inadvertently kills him, Oops. Enter the Alexia's greatest pain in her... Lord Maccon, who is the Alpha werewolf in the London territory and Queen Victoria's agent is sent to investigate. Alexia finds herself under investigation for killing the vampire, as she discovers others have been missing, some from high society, and with her Soullessness she find herself the top of the suspect list. Now Alexia finds herself hunted in more than one way and by more than one man. And she finds herself searching for the truth before it's too late.

This book is fun and an easy read. There are some different ideas about werewolves and vampires, most notability is around the soul. In order for a person to be turned into a vampire or werewolf they have to have an over abundance of a soul. If they have just a normal or no soul, they are unable to be turned. There are other differences as well, but I will let you read to figure them out. Alexia being Soulless also gives her power, when she touches someone who is supernatural she takes away what makes them supernatural, for example, the vampire no longer has his fangs, just regular teeth. Hence why she is called a soul sucker. The affect is temporary, she has to be touching them for it to take affect.

It is a fun easy read and there is some romance within the book, but manly it is more of a mystery and in some sort political book. I will be picking up the second book. The books are listed in order below

Enjoy! Oh and don't forget the Tea and Crumpets while you read!

• My book has just been released!

Posted by Kayla Taylor, 4 years ago

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to post a little note to let everyone know that I have just released my very first Vampire book and it is now available for ordering on iUniverse. I have pasted the link below if you would like to check it out! There is a great preview of my book on the iUniverse site if you would like to see what it's about!

Thanks!

I also apologize if you get this more than once as I am posting it to a few groups.

Also I have removed the"other" link as I know it made a few people upset, but really I am just waiting for it to be listed on Chapters and then I will pass that link along to you! Hope this correction helps :)

www.iuniverse.com/Bookstore/BookSearchResults.aspx?Search=fatal%20elements

• The Dark-Hunter Series

Posted by Jenn, 4 years ago

Sherrilyn Kenyon has created a world full of Dark-Hunters (Vampires), Daimons (Soul sucking Vampires), Were-Hunters (Werewolves but more animals than wolves), Demons, The Gods of many Pantheons and all based in modern time blending with humans. Full of Thrills, Chills, and so much Passion, this series is the best I've read so far.
    Check out www.dark-hunter.com learn more.

> Read more posts from: November 2009 or January 2010

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo