• New Kathryn Smith, YEAH!!

Posted by JenP, 7 years ago

Kathryn and I at a booksigning, at the Coles where I work, 2006.

Yeah, one of my favorite authors has THREE, count'em, THREE, new releases this summer.

Weddings From Hell (anthology) June 2008
    Let the Night Begin (Brotherhood #4) July 2008
    Before I Wake (Nightmare #1) August 2008

Make sure you check them out paranormal fans! It's going to be great!!

• Try Sunny

Posted by Ceri, 6 years ago

I'm not sure if this author has been mentioned yet, but the first book in the series is Mona Lisa Awakening by Sunny. (yes, just Sunny). If you like the Merideth Gentry books by Laurell K Hamilton you should enjoy these. They are about a women named Mona LIsa, who discovers she is a mixed blood of the Monere, Children of the moon. Each group has a Queen and the women rule and all the men serve their Queen. It is an excellant series and she even encounters the High Prince of Hell, Halcyon. He is delicious. I love the series and highly reccommend it. It is in the erotic section if that does not bother anyone. I don't know why because they are very similar to the Gentry series, maybe better.

• New Series Alert!!!

Posted by Unknown User, 7 years ago

-Message Deleted-

• I Need Men.

Posted by Annastacia Dickerson, 7 years ago

Well, don't we all ladies, but in this case I refer to rounding out this group with a bit more of the Mars persuasion. I think it would be nice to get some balance into our referrals and critiques.

So ladies, would you give me a hand and help me entice some male members to this group by posting in other groups and invites to your friend lists?

• 3 people found this helpful

Laurell K. Hamilton's "Obsidian Butterfly"

I missed this book while reading through the series and all I can say is it was worth the wait. Classic Anita Blake.

Obsidian Butterfly was dark, and filled with suspense. I'd say it is one of my favorites in the series. Odd because there is next to no Jean-Claude OR [whiny] Richard.

It also gave me really odd dreams, a product most likely from reading before bedtime.

• Manly Man... doing what you can...

Us ladies, I've noticed do like our vampires and cheeky heroines on this list however, I am wondering...

GUYS! What gets you to pick up a paranormal/fantasy book?

• I'm so excited!

Spring is in the air and with it new book releases...

What is your most looked-forward-to book this spring/summer? I had my first pick April with Karen Chance's "Embrace the Night" but I am looking forward to Laruell K. Hamilton, Karen Moning and Stephenie Meyer.

...anyone else? What's going to rock your world?

• Kim Harrison

Posted by Cindy L, 7 years ago

I am totally surprised that no one has done a recommendation for any of Harrison's books. Her Hollows series, based on a post apocalyptic society, in Cincinatti, Ohio, are a reading adventure. Her characterization tight, plots action packed, and dialogue that will have you laughing out loud. I mean what's not to love about an author who would write a character like Jenks, the 4 inch tall Pixie, that curses like a drunken sailor. Her books are my guilty pleasures, and I can hardly wait until the next books are released.

• Paranormal fiction...Leaning on the romance

Posted by Vivien Hogg, 7 years ago

Thought I'd post some that I've read...some are better than others, but all are enjoyable! ***Most of these are part of a series, and if that's the case, I've listed the first book.

Tempting Danger - Eileen Wilks
    Dark Lover - J. R. Ward
    Kiss of Shadows - Laurell K. Hamilton
    Guilty Pleasure - Laurell K. Hamilton
    Touch the Dark - Karen Chance
    Bitten - Kelley Armstrong
    Master of the Night - Angela Knight
    Moon Called - Patricia Briggs
    Undead and Unwed - Mary Janice Davidson
    You Slay Me - Katie MacAlister
    A Quick Bite - Lynsay Sands
    Stray - Rachel Vincent
    Ill Wind - Rachel Caine
    Daughter of the blood - Anne Bishop
    Kitty and the Midnight Hour - Carrie Vaughn
    Dead Until Dark – Charlaine Harris
    Dead Witch Walking – Kim Harrison
    Working for the Devil – Lilith Saintcrow
    Sunshine – Robin McKinley
    The Scent of Shadows – Vicki Pettersson
    The Turning – Jennifer Armintrout
    Full Moon Rising – Keri Arthur
    Kitchen Witch – Annette Blair
    Don of the Dead – Casey Daniels
    The Awakening – L. A. Banks
    Shadow Game – Christine Feehan
    A Girl’s Guide to Vampires – Katie MacAlister
    Jacob – Jacqueline Frank
    Date Me, Baby, One More Time – Stephanie Rowe
    Heart of the Dragon – Gena Showalter
    The Cowboy and the Vampire – Clark Hayes
    Wolf at the Door – Christine Warren
    Naked Brunch – Sparkle Hayter

...Yep. Just a few....Try them out and enjoy!!

• The Armstrong of the paranormal world

Posted by Vivien Hogg, 7 years ago

Well, I have to say I was very surprised that you hadn't yet read Kelley Armstrong's women of the other world series...so here's the scoop!
    Canadian author - I met her and she signed all my books!! - good writing style, enjoyable characters with good character development. The first book is just werewolves, but the second book introduces the series to witches, sorcerers, demons, vampires, necromancers, and a whole ton of other fun stuff. So far I think there are about 8 titles out and the next is soon expected...

> Read more posts from: March 2008 or May 2008

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo