Item not added

This item is not available to order at this time.

See used copies from 00.00
  • My Gift List
  • My Wish List
  • Shopping Cart
  • Book Suggestions?

Posted by Di Bird, 5 years ago

Hey everybody. I'm going away for a few weeks soon, so I need some good ole paranormal fiction! Any suggestions? Here's some of the stuff I've already read:

Werecats series- Rachel Vincent
    Southern Vampires series- Charliane Harris
    Mortal Intruments- Cassandra Clare
    House of Night- PC Cast
    Twilight- Stephenie Meyer
    Jill Kismet and Danny Valentine series'- Lilith Saintcrow

Thanks!
    Also, sorry if you're getting this post a lot since I'm putting it up in a few different groups.

• Beastly

Posted by Sarah, 5 years ago

Has anyone read Beastly? I see it is being made into a movie, and I was wondering if the book was any good.

here is the link to the story on the movie latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2009/06/check-out-vanessa-hudgens-new-film-beastly.html

• The Strain

Posted by BuffyBot, 5 years ago

I have posted in in a few other groups, so sorry if you are getting a few copies of this, i talk about it here:

community.indigo.ca/posts/VFWMAOC/group-226/549342.html

• Prey is out in stores early!

Posted by Liz (Midnight Bloom), 5 years ago

Prey is out in Chapters stores early! Book 4 in the Rachel Vincent's Shifter series isn't officially out until July 1, but it's in stores (check the availability just in case maybe). I got it yesterday (Wednesday) in-store and didn't see it on the shelf but I knew they had it, so an employee went to the back to get a copy for me since they had just gotten them in. Sweet!

P.S. Prepare Yourself. Things will NEVER be the SAME.
    that's the closest I'll get for now without giving away major plot or character details. So yeah, watch out because Faythe's family will not be the same.... me too for that matter.... :(

• True Blood - DVD Season 1

Posted by Drew Blood, 5 years ago

I just finished watching season one of this HBO series. Now, I read "Dead until Dark", with the preconceived notion that this was going to be another chick-lit vampire crush. Boy was I wrong! I really enjoyed it and I am looking forward to reading the next installment. It was with this enthusiasm that I bought season 1. I was not disappointed. HBO has done it again it maintaining its high standards in writing, directing and casting. Although the series veers off somewhat from the first book, it was great to watch from the first to the last episode. I highly recommend this DVD and this is one I will be watching again. Can't wait for season 2.

• Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

Posted by Annastacia Dickerson, 5 years ago

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

I just picked up this book today and rushed to let everybody know about it. I was absolutely ticked pink about it.

J-9 posted this book two weeks ago, I thought to expand a little bit in the details for those interested.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains. Never was this truth more plain than during the recent attacks at Netherfield Park, in which a household of eighteen was slaughtered and consumed by a horde of living dead.

"My Dear Mr Bennet," said his lady to him one day, "have you heard the Netherfield Park is occupied again?"

Mr. Bennet replied that he had not and went about his morning business of dagger sharpening and musket polishing—for the attacks by the unmentionables had grown alarmingly frequent in recent weeks.

"But it is," returned she.

Mr. Bennet made no answer.

"Do you want to know who has taken it?" cried his wife impatiently.

"Woman, I am attending to my musket. Prattle on if you must, but leave me to the defense of my estate!"

This was invitation enough."

And so begins "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies".

The attraction of this book hits on so many levels. Is it the massacre of a literary gem? Is it the 'zombified' traditional style etchings peppered throughout the book, perhaps the thought of Miss Elizabeth Bennet kicking zombie butt? It could be the last sentance in the book back plate summary:
    "'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' transforms a masterpiece of world literature into something you'd actually want to read."

Literary critics everywhere, past and present, let out a [zombie] groooan.

I bought this book not only for the story but simply for it's cover—now once read, has a place of pride next to it's classic predecessor.

Now... do you think we can convince Sam Rami to do the movie adaptation?

• "A Few of the guests, that had the misfortune of being too near the windows, were seized and feasted on at once."

• The Classic Regency Romance–Now With Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem

• "One of her kicks found it's mark, and Mr. Darcy was sent into the mantelpiece with such force as to shatter its edge."

• The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (recommend)

Posted by Samia, 5 years ago

The Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger captures the reader in the first few pages, and refuses to let them go. The story is brilliantly written with beautiful descriptions, and the order of the dates is chosen well to build a greater effect. It is a romantic story that gives a different take on a time traveler's life. There is sorrow, and a lot humour. The pages pass by unnoticeably quickly, and I liked how there were many references to other literary works. There's also quite a few lines in French and German.

The novel creates a world that I did not want to leave, so I am glad it was long. It is written in first person, through the eyes of Clare and Henry, and it takes place in Chicago and Michigan. It is a story of love, waiting, and uncertainty. I cannot wait to read her next book: Her Fearful Symmetry.

Clare Abshire, an artist, first meets Henry DeTamble, a librarian, when she is six-years-old, in the clearing behind her house. Clare has been waiting to meet Henry again, but Henry first meets Clare when he is twenty-eight, although he is only born eight years before her.

Henry's life is a loop: from the future he goes back in time and does something in the past that creates the future that he already has. Being chronologically-displaced has its downfalls too though. Henry is afraid for his life with each time traveling adventure.

Will Clare and Henry's love survive? What problems will Clare and Henry face together? Will Henry ever find a cure for his genetic disorder? What struggles does Henry encounter during his time travels?

> Read more posts from: May 2009 or July 2009

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo