• Mockingjay

Posted by Maryangel Chapman, 4 years ago

Hello All,
    Has anyone read Mockingjay? I am dying to talk about it with someone!
    The book has a different feel to it than the other two (in my opinion)
    though she does choose between Peeta and Gale.............. ok I can't say more. Someone msg me to chat about it!

Comments on this post:
  • 4 years ago

OK I am dying to read the third book but i can't until winter but would you like to talk about the first two?

report this

• 4 years ago

SPOILER ALERT!!
    I've read it! And sorry to be a spoiler but if your in this community chat you should have already read the book. I agree that this book has a different feel that the other two books, but that was not necessarily a bad thing. There was some pretty great dialogue in this one, particularly from Finnick, he added a huge amount of comic relief. I am however disappointed with Katniss's choice. It should have been Gale; I think he understood her better and their relationship would have worked, but I have to admit that I understand why she chose Peeta. He was less angry, more stable, and I think that was what she needed after all the fighting. But in my opinion it was the wrong choice.

report this

• 4 years ago

HI Lauren,
    Yes Finnick was a great and lovable character. I felt it was bad form to kill him and leave his sick wife with an infant. If she had let Finnick live, I would have been better satisfied. It was just cruel.
    Her choosing Peeta is a good thing I think. First of all, Gale could never understand what she went through in the Games but Peeta went through it too so they could help each other. He makes Katniss a better person, Gale's soul is too violent and turbulent and not good for Katniss.
    I also prefer Gale, but for Katniss Peeta's sunniness is better. They could settle down to be a family and bake bread. Gale would never settle down, just keep fighting the fight.

report this

• 4 years ago

That's a good point Maryangel about Peeta's soul being good for Katniss, she can certainly learn from him. And with Prim gone, he will definitely aid her in the healing process. But I am disappointed in the fact that it didn't appear as though Katniss and Gale had a relationship toward the end of the novel. I thought that was a sad thing to lose. I also agree about Finnick, poor Annie was left with their baby. I'm interested in what anyone has to say about Haymitch though, part of me had wished that he had cleaned up and found someone of his own at the end, but I guess happy endings and sunshine aren't really Collins' style.

report this

• Cancel   

> Read more posts from: August 2010

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo