Item not added

This item is not available to order at this time.

See used copies from 00.00
  • My Gift List
  • My Wish List
  • Shopping Cart
  • Kindle

Posted by Amaranth, 5 years ago

The Kindle is Oprah's favourite new gadget. I had learned about this product earlier this year and was quite intrigued by the concept. For those of you that haven't heard of it, it's a portable e-book device from Amazon that provides wireless connectivity to Amazon for e-book downloads.

Nothing will ever replace the feel of an actual book in my hands, but I must say, for anyone who travels or has limited space in their home/book shelves, this may be something you'd be interested in. Too bad the dollar has dipped so low recently as it's rather costly.

There's a free demonstration of the Kindle on Amazon. As well, Oprah will be featuring it on her show today. What I'd give to be an audience member -- I have a feeling they'll all be receiving one lol.

Comments on this post:
  • Unknown User

• Most Helpful

5 years ago

-Message Deleted-

report this

• jes

• Top Contributor

5 years ago

Have you checked out the Digital Books and Devices group? http://community.indigo.ca/posts/Digital-Books-Devices/group-1243/current.html

report this

• Amaranth

• Most Helpful

5 years ago

Thanks for the information on the Sony e-book, NayNay. I'm sure if the Kindle makes a big enough splash it'll eventually be offered in other countries as well. It's be nice if there were even more of these so that it'd bring some competiton to the market.

Jes, no I haven't been to that group but I will most certainly have a look. Thank you for providing the link :)

report this

• 5 years ago

The "Amazon" guy on Oprah's show should have mentioned that Amazon in the USA does not ship the Kindle to Canada. And Amazon in Canada doesn't have them in stock. What a shame, I was just as excited as Oprah and that day tried to order three of them for my family for Christmas only to find this out after spending a lot of time trying to order them. Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait. Too bad.

report this

• 4 years ago

its here now!!!!

report this

• 3 years ago

I'm looking to buy a Kobo. You can buy books from their store as well as download from any source, ie the library.

report this

• Cancel   

> Read more posts from: October 2008

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo