Comments on this post:
  • 4 years ago

Read them all this weekend - really enjoyable! From everything I've read, this series is a love-it-or-hate-it thing (like the T-word series). It tries a little too hard with the pop culture references, though. There's also a strong stand on gay teens, which I liked.
    The plot goes some places you don't expect. A great summer read.

report this

• AlbertaJenn

• Coles Employee

4 years ago

I read the first 5, but gave up on book 6. I dislike how overt the sexuality is in it for a teen series. They are targeting a series where a girl loses her virginity to a teacher to 14-year-olds. PC says that Zoey is based on Kristin; if so, then she was kind of a slutty teen.

It is obvious that PC and Kristin Cast have never met a homosexual or an aboriginal, as all they seem to know are demeaning stereotypes.

I thought the first few were cute, but they should have ended it a number of books back. I can suggest dozens other vampire series that have better content an don't have subliminal homophobic and racist tendancies.

report this

• 4 years ago

Yeah, the sex is kinda overdone, that's one of the parts I don't like about this series.

report this

• Cancel   

> Read more posts from: May 2011

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo