Comments on this post:
  • 4 years ago

I just finished this book as well. I liked it a lot, but I had a few issues with it. I found it totally dragged in places. Especially during the part they are with the hillbilly Miori. That was odd. And I am disappointed with who Mead chose to be the Queen's murder. I really liked that character.

report this

• 4 years ago

-Message Deleted-

report this

• Stef

• Top Contributor

4 years ago

Agreed that hillbilly group just felt like it was a page filler with not much point. And the murderer, well i think all the other suspects seemed to obvious from the beginning. I assumed thats how Mead would throw the real murderer, pretty much since the last book.

Still..Loved me the Rose and Dimitri time even if they acted like 12 year olds at times.

Has everyone read about the specific roles for the spinoff series?

report this

• 4 years ago

The only thing I found I didn't like about the book was that it did drag in places. In my opinion, the "loose ends" was left puposely, in order to leave a segway for the new VA series coming out. For example, Mead stated on her website that the main characters in the new series would be side charaters from the original series. So that leaves characters like Mia, Jill who has a whole bunch of new stuff going on. There's Sydney, who Mead has already stated will be one of the characters. Then there's also the possibility that she might put Adrian, seeing as he has a boat load full of issues to fix. She may have started the hidden moroi for the new series, who knows. All I cared about was that the main characters ended pretty well wrapped up.

report this

• 4 years ago

-Message Deleted-

report this

• Stef

• Top Contributor

4 years ago

About the new series.. Entertainment Weekly had an interview of Mead in there. The narrator is going to be Sydney, which i think is a good idea. The girl's got spunk and in some ways is kinda Rose-like to me. But she also says Jill will have a key role. And male lead is a love interest from VA. I'm sure we can all deduct who that's going to be..The only other thing it says is its more about the paranormal world trying to fit into the human world through Sydney. Sounds all good to me..I'm just happy we're getting another series out of this world.

report this

• 4 years ago

-Message Deleted-

report this

• Cancel   

> Read more posts from: December 2010

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo