March Books

Posted by Stacey S, 4 years ago

So I've just finished reading my last book for March, which was This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost, and I absolutely loved it. I'm a huge fan of Cat and Bones, and I can easily recommend the series. I know paranormal romance novels aren't for everyone ( in fact, I only follow a few series and even they have flaws) but this one is by far the best. If you're interested in starting the genre, look no further.

Also, as stated in my previous post, I have read A Secret Kept by Tatiana DeRosnay, and it was satisfying, even if the secret wasn't all that, I enjoyed the characters.

I have finally gotten to the Flying Troutmans by Miriam Toews, and the only disappointment is that I waited so long to read it! It was brilliant, and brave and completely hilarious in spite of the subject matter. I highly recommend it if you have enjoyed her other novels, if you like sharp witted, dry humor, or if you enjoyed the movie Little Miss Sunshine ( I just kept thinking of that movie when I was reading it - similar humor with tragic underlying story I guess).

And last, but certainly not least is A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. A new flavour to an old genre which I enjoyed immensely (even if it was a teeny bit fluffy), and am looking forward to the next in the series. I am LOVING the idea of time traveling Vampires and Witches.

All in all, nothing too heavy this month, which was a nice break, I was feeling a bit bogged down with the tragedy lately. It happens...
    For April, I'm going to try and read 5, but we'll see how it all plays out. Happy Reading Everyone!

• Cancel   

> Read more posts from: March 2011

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo