Comments on this post:
  • 5 years ago

Above, Beyond and By Far the absolute best Paranormal Series -- The Black Dagger Brotherhood by the WARDen! An amazing series with Hot, Strong yet sensitive, amazing men and woman, I'm sorry, I mean vampires, from Caldwell New York! HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT!

report this

• 5 years ago

Without a doubt the book I read this decade that's the made the longest impression was The Book Thief. Having recommended it to many, many of my friends and colleagues not one has regretted the time they spent with this fantastic novel.

report this

• 5 years ago

Still my all time favorite is 'The Hunger Games' and then equally as good - 'Catching Fire (the second book in the series.) I can't wait for the third book in this action-packed trilogy. I love the characters and I love how Suzanne Collins finishes each chapter with a surprising twist making the reader 'Hunger' to keep on reading. Once you begin reading these books, it is almost impossible to put them down until you have read the last page... and even then you want more. How great is that?

report this

• Christine Bode

• Most Interesting

5 years ago

Out of the books you have listed, I'd have to say that Life of Pi made the biggest impression on me, followed by Eat, Pray, Love. Eckhart Tolle's 'A New Earth: Awakening To Your Life's Purpose" was also very influential.

report this

• Bookmason

• Top List Publisher

5 years ago

Odd choice for a best fantasy novel of the decade # 21 - The Name of the Wind - totally ignores Canadian Steven Erikson's Malazaan series which is head and tales (intentional) better than this single novel. 8 books with 2 to go (why isn't the 9th out here yet, I saw it in Ireland in September!!), Erikson has barely made a misstep in his complex tale, Rothfuss has set up an interesting story but it has a long way to go before it could be comparable to Erikson's work. It is a shame that a Canadian company wouldn't recognize this over a good but less then perfect tale from an American writer.

report this

• 5 years ago

For me, one of the most powerful books I read in the past decade was "A Fine Balance" by Rohinton Mistery. The depiction of life in India during the 70s shocked me with what average people faced just to survive. As the star of India rises it would be good to reread this book. Time changes all things but not for all people.

report this

• Cancel   

> Read more posts from: December 2009

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo