• Official Cover of Last Sacrifice

Posted by Liz (Midnight Bloom), 4 years ago

It's official. According to Richelle Mead's blog, this is the ACTUAL cover of Last Sacrifice, the 6th and final novel in the Vampire Academy series. (Pretty similar to what NightLIfe posted previously but slight differences like the hair colour is darker here....)

blue-succubus.livejournal.com/249396.html

Based on previous discussion, I think some of our worst fears about the cover have come true.

I will be so sad to see the series end when the book is released December 7, 2010 (which seems such a long time away!) but honestly, I have some mixed feelings about this cover... I was expecting something, I dunno, better? I mean, this cover is reminiscent to the cover of Blood Promise and well, something just seems to be missing....

Comments on this post:
  • Camilla

• Top Blogger

4 years ago

Aw man, what a bummer! I was hoping that the final one would be completely different :( Oh well, as long as the book is great, I'm happy! But seriously, it's the LAST book, and that's what they finalize? Haha, thanks for posting Liz! :)

report this

• k.

4 years ago

So it IS Rose...? I think I liked it better blonde. Ugh. I just do not like this cover.

report this

• 4 years ago

hmm.... so they think if they change the colour of the hair, the girl will look like Rose? Nope, i don't think so. I still think it looks like Lissa.

report this

• k.

4 years ago

lol it looks like Lissa just got a bad dye job and decided to take a picture at a very unflattering angle. I think that's what annoys me most about this cover.

report this

• Liz (Midnight Bloom)

• Most Helpful

4 years ago

That's what bugs me too crimson! It might be mean of me to say, but I thought the girl should have been a bit more.... prettier. The angle she's in just doesn't show off how beautiful Rose really is in the novels...

And no problem Camilla! We'll just hope the actual book is better than it's cover. :)

report this

• 4 years ago

Thanks for posting this Liz and I agree with everything you said. In my head it's totally Lissa even though they changed the hair color. I'm not happy with this cover, too much like Blood Promise. BUT I am ridiculously excited for Dec. 7th, even though it will break my heart that Vampire Academy is ending :(

report this

• Liz (Midnight Bloom)

• Most Helpful

4 years ago

No problem Ciara! :)
    The series may be ending but at least we still have the spin-off series to look forward to!

report this

• k.

4 years ago

I know I avoided saying it before but it just needs to be said xD I'm sure the cover model is really pretty, but the angle just doesn't show it.

Ciara I agree! I will always see Lissa. And I wish they chose a different background colour. But then after we have the spin off series to look forward too :D

report this

• k.

4 years ago

*to

aha Liz beat me to it.

report this

• Liz (Midnight Bloom)

• Most Helpful

4 years ago

crimson- mwahahahah ^.~

report this

• 4 years ago

You guys are amusing :D

Yes I can't wait for the spin off series!! Hopefully it will feature some of the other really awesome characters. There are soo many! But it's just really sad cause so many of my favorite series are ending *tear* and Vampire Academy is tied for my all time fav. PLUS NO MORE NEW DIMITRI! *cries very hard*

report this

• 4 years ago

Okay just checked Richelle's blog cause I wanted to see if in the comments section she said if the over is supposed to be of Lissa or not. I didn't find that out but I did find out that this model is the same model who was on Blood Promise, Spirit Bound and the new version of Shadow Kiss.

Huh. She looks really different...

report this

• k.

4 years ago

Seeee I knew it was just a bad angle. She looks like a different person =/

I'm so excited for this spin off series. I read Richelle's blog but as soon as I see anything about the new series mentioned I stop because I don't want to know anything about it :P At least not until I'm done reading the entire VA series.

report this

• 4 years ago

i dont like it, her face looks odd and its an awkward pose. dont like the shade of green either.
    but i am soo excited to read it! SOOO EXCITED!!!!!

report this

• 4 years ago

different as in she looks worse here than the other covers

report this

• Cancel   

> Read more posts from: July 2010

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo