• TWILIGHT- the movie.....

Posted by Chocolat, 6 years ago

I just went to see twilight with a couple of my friends and I had mixed reactions. First of all, Edward Cullen/Robert Pattinson. I must say, I have no idea why some people find him extremely attractive(I know, gasp) I mean he's ok-looking, but he didn't really live up to my expectations, looks or acting talent-wise.

Secondly, I'd like to pick on Rosalie and Jasper. Rosalie didn't really seem like ROSALIE, but I guess it's hard to play the part of "the most beautiful woman in the world" But Jasper has no such excuse. Throughout the whole movie he alternated between two facial expression: a blank shell-shocked look, and a pained-to-the-point-of-hilarious expression. In fact every time Jasper appeared, it was all I could do not to burst out laughing.

Bella/Kirsten Stewart, i think was pretty good looks-wise, she was kinda how I pictured Bella. But her facial expressions were really limited and that held her back from an otherwise pretty good portrayal of Bella Swan. However, I really liked Bella in the movie over Bella in the book. Movie Bella seemed more brave, more independent, and much less annoying.

Alice was amazing! They got her character spot-on.....and a lot of people I know, say that she was the perfect Alice. Props to you Alice, my fave character! Oh, and I can't forget Jacob! I thought he was pretty good, but I'm a bit prejudiced seeing as how I have a bit of a crush on Taylor Lautner. I'm serious, he's gorgeous without the long wig, just go look! I really hope he'll be back for New Moon!

Despite the many flaws, my friends and I have decided it wasn't that bad a movie. I've seen better, but I've also seen worse. I mean, it wasn't entirely the actors' fault, they had a pretty horrible script to work with. Nevertheless, I will be back to see and review the next movie, due late 2009, early 2010.
    Overall rating: 7/10
    Please don't eat me alive, I'm just voicing my opinions! And hey, at least I went to see the movie - which I repeat, I don't hate - which is more than I can say for some people that outright boycotted it, refusing to see the movie, despite my various pleas and threats.

Comments on this post:
  • 6 years ago

You are absolutely right!
    I really agree with you and I also hope that Taylor Lautner will be playing Jacob Black in the next movie.
    He is gorgeous. <3

report this

• 6 years ago

YAY! thank you! And I'll be really disappointed if Taylor Lautner does not play Jacob Black in the next movie:(

report this

• Cancel   

> Read more posts from: December 2008

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo