Item not added

This item is not available to order at this time.

See used copies from 00.00
  • My Gift List
  • My Wish List
  • Shopping Cart
  • News

Posted by Cindy L, 5 years ago

I was reading on MSN today, that my favorite book as a child is being made into a movie. Where the Wild Things Are. I am so excited, that I am buying the book for my neice and nephew for Easter, so I can take them to the movie when it comes out YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY.

Comments on this post:
  • Cindy L

• Top Contributor

5 years ago

For any who are interested the link is: http://a-list.msn.com/default.aspx?cp-searchtext=Where%20the%20Wild%20Are. Spike Jonze is set to direct, and an ex-Saprano alumni is rumoured signed as the monster.

report this

• 5 years ago

I have heard of that and I haven't read the book in ages. I wonder if I still have the book...?

report this

• Cindy L

• Top Contributor

5 years ago

It is such an amazing book. A few years back a friend of mine got a Stuffed Toy of the Monster, for her son at his baby shower (along with the book).

report this

• Kayleigh Sheehan

• Top Blogger
    • Most Helpful

5 years ago

It looks like it's going to be a great movie. Here's a link to the HD trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/wherethewildthingsare/

report this

• Cindy L

• Top Contributor

5 years ago

I will have to save that link, as I won't be able to watch it at work it toko 5 min. to load. Our Hi-speed internet here is not so high speed. LOL

report this

• Christine Bode

• Most Interesting

5 years ago

I saw the trailer for Where The Wild Things Are and thought it looks wonderful! I can't wait to see it either!

report this

• Kayleigh Sheehan

• Top Blogger
    • Most Helpful

5 years ago

Cindy -- you can also view the trailer on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01-PqqifyjA. It just doesn't look as crisp. I hope that one works for you.

report this

• Cindy L

• Top Contributor

5 years ago

I wish I could, I don't have a computer at home, and YouTube is a blocked sight at work. But, I will save the link and check it out when I get a chance.

report this

• 5 years ago

I don't know it looked a little disappointing to me. I haven't read the book in YEARS but from what I remember Max's mother didn't have boyfriend who he didn't like...
    I will go see it though...just because I want to see if they do the book justice.

report this

• Cindy L

• Top Contributor

5 years ago

Well, it isn't a very big book, and they will have to flesh it out a bit to make it movie length, like they did with The Grinch, with Jim Carey. Plus they will have to add elements to make it relatable to todays kids.

I am looking forward to it because Maurice Sendak is Canadian, and it was one of my a favorite books as a child.

report this

• 5 years ago

Point taken...

report this

• Cancel   

> Read more posts from: March 2009

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo