Item not added

This item is not available to order at this time.

See used copies from 00.00
  • My Gift List
  • My Wish List
  • Shopping Cart
  • Booksale Year 2!

Posted by emerson entwistle, 5 years ago

Books I got from this year's booksale. The books were $2 each! I got 10 books and I'm planning on going back tomorrow...

1. Vet In a Spin - James Herriot
    This edition is from 1978 and I've loved most of his books, so heres another one.
    2. Life of Pi - Yann Martel
    My mum had a copy of this and I never got around to reading it so she gave it away, this was $2 and I still want to read it.
    3. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - John Berendt
    Sounds interesting...
    4. The Tao of pooh - Benjamin Hoff
    The title was intriguing...I'm not sure if I will like it, but why not?
    5. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - Jean-Dominique Bauby
    I really want to see the movie, so figured I might as well read it first, this is one of the books that hadn't even been opened.
    6. The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway
    This is a copy from 1952! And my mum said it was really good.
    7. The Diary of Anne Frank
    I've always wanted a copy of this book, I've read it before but I think it's the kind of book one should have a copy of...this book is from 1960 so it has that really nice old-book smell.
    8. We Bought a Zoo - Benjamin Mee
    I read part of this before and loved it, another book that wasn't opened
    9. True Story - Bill Maher
    I just watched Religulous which was fantastic and funny so I thought I'd give this a try
    10. I gave this book to my mum cause it was about villages and had nice illustrations in it, she grew up in a village in England so...that was my reason for getting it.

So, overall it was an okay year, not as great as last year but good...like I said, I'm going back tomorrow to see if there are anymore goodies.

Comments on this post:
  • Candace

• Most Popular

5 years ago

I really liked the Old Man in the Sea, read it in high school. I want to read Life of Pi, let me know what you think of it. Ya got some good deals. Good Luck on your second go round.

report this

• 5 years ago

Yea, I read the first page and what I read was good, plus it smells good, I like the smell of old books...they smell comforting for some reason.
    I know, some great deals! Can't wait for next year...

report this

• Samia

• Top DVD Reviewer
    • Most Helpful

5 years ago

That book sale sounds awesome. I would love to get my hands on old, good conditioned, and reasonably priced books. You know york university library has books from the late 1800s in circulation. I still have The Diary of Anne Frank in my bookshelf for over 10 years I believe.. Hopefully I will get around to it.

report this

• 5 years ago

Anne Frank is a great book. And the book sale is awesome, and they are fairly well organized, which makes finding good books easy, this year wasn't as good as last year though :'(

report this

• Cancel   

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo