Item not added

This item is not available to order at this time.

See used copies from 00.00
  • My Gift List
  • My Wish List
  • Shopping Cart
  • Book Ban - Week 8

Posted by Lokki, 4 years ago

Wow!

So I can't believe it has been 2 months since I started my self-imposed book ban. Things are going well, I have actually managed to walk through Chapters several times without being too tempted to buy something, lol. Of course, if it wasn't for my 'exception books' I would have broken down by now.

This was another week of eBooks for some reason. I think I had better start focusing on my actual TBR again rather than my virtual one. I read 8 books this week and hardly made a dent in my shelf. It doesn't help that three of my reads this week are actually re-reads, so I won't be counting them towards my goal. That's okay though, because I am really enjoying re-reading the BDB series. Thanks J Bug for organizing the weekly read. I'm having fun chatting with all of you about the brothers.

A couple of books stand out this week. First of all , my son and I FINALLY finished reading Eddings' Pawn of Prophecy together. It's the new record for the longest it has ever taken me to finish a book, lol. But it was worth it. My son loves the story and we are continuing on with the next book in the series.

The other book that stands out is Nalini Singh's Slave to Sensation. This series would probably stand a chance of winning an award for some of the cheesiest covers out there. They are so bad, I kept putting off trying the series, despite having it recommended to me again and again. Well, I had finally put aside my predjudice and bought Slave to Sensation some time ago (before the ban) and so since it was on my shelf I gave it a try. Man, why did I wait so long? I loved it! Thanks everyone who recommended it to me. I'm glad I finally listened. I may just have to bend the book ban a bit (I'm sure I could make a case for it under the exception rule if I really had to) and get the rest of the series before my ban is officially over....we'll see.

Here are the stats for the week:

Books (that count towards goal) read this week: 1 (Total books read: 4)
    eBooks read this week: 4

Total books read since the book ban: 32
    Books remaining: 44

Total eBooks read since the book ban: 27
    eBooks remaining: 23

BOOKS READ THIS WEEK:
    Slave to Sensation - Nalini Singh
    Dark Lover - JR Ward (re-read so doesn't count towards goal)
    Pawn of Prophecy - David Eddings (another re-read)
    Lover Eternal - JR Ward (and another)

EBOOKS READ THIS WEEK:
    Heart of Stone - CE Murphy
    Fantasy Lover - Sherrilyn Kenyon
    House of Cards - CE Murphy
    Hands of Flame - CE Murphy

Comments on this post:
  • 4 years ago

Way to go. You are doing such a great job at keeping to the ban.

I have only been getting worse. I think I went from 25 to 20 to 40 books in the last month.

With Briggs and Ward coming out, it is not going to get any better. Oh to have your will power!

report this

• Lokki

• Top Book Reviewer

4 years ago

Thanks Weepunter, but like I said, the exception books make it possible. Because of my loophole, I get to buy the new Briggs, lol.

report this

• 4 years ago

Good point. I would go loopy if I could not get the new ones for my fav authors.

Will those two and Ilona Andrews in the coming months.....too many good ones coming.

report this

• Lokki

• Top Book Reviewer

4 years ago

Yeah, I know. There's no way I could go without continuing to get my favourites. Unfortunately, I have soooo many faves. Even with just buying the books of series I am already several books into, I'm buying 4 or 5 books a month, lol.

report this

• 4 years ago

-Message Deleted-

report this

• Lokki

• Top Book Reviewer

4 years ago

lol....no Roger, I haven't noticed those covers. Ewwww, Celine Dion on a good day is bad enough.

report this

• 4 years ago

Way to go Lokster! As you know I crumbled some time ago when I went to the library "crack sale" I should really give this Nalini Singh a try though since I've heard so many good things. I'm also enjoying the BDB re-read too (welcome) although I never intended to re-read the entire series thats exactly whats happening and I'm loving it as much the 3rd time through as the first. Your posts have been (as always) frustrating and hilarious! Thanks to Rhoger I will now be avoiding Hourglass for fear of Celine Dion vomiting and getting that damn song stuck in my head again "and I-ey-I- will always have motion sickness"

report this

• Lokki

• Top Book Reviewer

4 years ago

oh man....now I have that damn song stuck in my head. Thanks heaps J Bug.

report this

• Cancel   

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo