Item not added

This item is not available to order at this time.

See used copies from 00.00
  • My Gift List
  • My Wish List
  • Shopping Cart
  • Colour me 50 Shades of WTF

Posted by Lokki, 2 years ago

Okay, so I've totally blown the old promise to start writing reviews again, but I just couldn't keep my mouth shut about Fifty Shades of Grey.....what is the big F'ing deal about these books? Obviously, the hype was started by someone who: A. Never saw the movie Pretty Woman (where Ana was a hooker, and Christian was a much older meglomaniac) and B. Never read erotic fiction before so got all a titter about the sex.

Don't get me wrong, these books are entertaining.....fluff? Actually the word that really comes to mind is DRIVEL (and I was serious about the Pretty Woman comment. I can't believe that there isn't already news of a lawsuit...). I think Christian seriously needs a slap to the head, only he would probably enjoy it too much. The only reason he gets away with his over the top insecurities and bi(or maybe tri?)-polar tendencies is because he's rich. And don't get me started about Ana! OMG....wake up and smell the weak twinnings tea you idiot. Do you really want to live your life walking on eggshells? Mercurial gets old fast. Just like these books.

Comments on this post:
  • 2 years ago

-Message Deleted-

report this

• Lokki

• Top Book Reviewer

2 years ago

Thanks Rog....I'm still pondering the hoopla about these books. I may be forced to further pontificate in a review. Yes, they are that bad.

report this

• 2 years ago

-Message Deleted-

report this

• Lokki

• Top Book Reviewer

2 years ago

LOL...too funny. That's a great title. I haven't actually checked ou the reviews. My friend bought the trilogy so it was a free read.

report this

• 2 years ago

Well hello you two, I miss you both so much and it figures I'd find you here talking about 50 shades of sh!t . I still haven't read this one but assumed the popularity was because (as you said Lokster) all these housewives hadn't read any erotica previously. You do know this started as fan fiction too right? Twilight fanfiction LMAO The author just switched up the names and a few facts and voila an original story for publication. Syephanie Myer should get some kickback from all the sales. I think thats why I haven't read it, I wouldn't be able to get Bella and Edward out of my head. Anyways wish you both the best. I'm still hangin on my Island
    Buggy

report this

• 2 years ago

-Message Deleted-

report this

• Lokki

• Top Book Reviewer

2 years ago

Hey you two.....whazzzzup!?? Long time no chat. Read anything good lately?

report this

• 2 years ago

-Message Deleted-

report this

• Lokki

• Top Book Reviewer

2 years ago

LOL....lazy bum! I'm reading....just not reviewing. No time it seems these days. Damn job, keeps getting in the way of my free time!

report this

• 2 years ago

-Message Deleted-

report this

• 2 years ago

Hi Rohg, I keep forgetting that you're an old retired dude (LOL) with 5 jobs now. How does that happen anyways? How about seen any good movies lately?

Lokster A couple of good reads this year; On The Island by Tracey Garvis Graves comes to mind - I think its just hitting the best sellers list now English teacher and student are stranded on desert isle after a plane crash, for a few years. My summery is dumb the book is excellent I'll try to post a review for it.

Oh course Ward's new Angels book is out at the end of this month and I know you're excited about it! I can't even remember what its called LMAO

report this

• 2 years ago

I've also been reading historical romances and liking author Pamela Clare. In the M/M department (blame Darian) I've become obsessed with author Amy Lane.

Summer is still here in BC, i think its 27 today and I am loving that. Hope alls good :)

report this

• 2 years ago

-Message Deleted-

report this

• 4 weeks ago

I agree, a lot of people are in shock and awe of this book for being what.... erotic? I mean really this book is nothing but fluff (as you mentioned) in comparison to some really raw reads, I give it a 2/10 in erotica. The reading is okay for a fan fiction but I wouldn't put it under best literature by no means. I really hope we pass this fan fiction trend and people go back to writing about their OWN character's, sure some of the fan fiction books are okay, but copying word for word from other author's stories, hello where is the justice!?

report this

• Lokki

• Top Book Reviewer

4 weeks ago

Can you explain to me what they mean when they call this fan fiction? Fan of what? Really bad writing and mediocre erotica?

report this

• 3 weeks ago

50 shades started off as a twilight fan fiction, "Fan Fiction is is a broadly defined fan labor term for stories about characters or settings written by fans of the original work, rather than by the original creator. Works of fan fiction are rarely commissioned or authorized by the original work's owner, creator, or publisher; also, they are almost never professionally published. Due to these works' not being published, stories often contain a disclaimer stating that the creator of the work owns none of the original characters."
    I have no idea how the author got away with publishing this being it started of as a twilight fan story, but people go crazy over this stuff, personally I prefer authors like Sylvia Day for good erotica/romance.

report this

• Lokki

• Top Book Reviewer

3 weeks ago

huh....I don't get how this schlock relates to Twilight. But it probably explains the popularity. All the Twihards were all a twitter getting to read actual dirty sex scenes. And I agree, there are way better authors out there writing 'romantica'

report this

• Cancel   

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo