Top Ten Must Reads

By Krista Emter

5 years ago

These are books that I wish everyone would have the experience of reading. Some are easy reads and some are not, but all are in my opinion must reads.

1. 1
      • Add to Wish List

The Thirteenth Tale  

Diane Setterfield

List Price: $22.00 You Save: $1.11 (5%)

Online Price: $20.89

Sold Out

A wonderful mystery, filled with rich description and a warm feel. You won't be able to stop thinking about . . . could be a one sitting read if you have the time.

2. 2
      • Add to Shopping Bag
      • Add to Wish List

Water for Elephants: A Novel  

Sara Gruen

List Price: $16.50 You Save: $3.61 (22%)

Online Price: $12.89

In stock

Simply wonderful . . . it's as if you're in the book. The characters are addictive and the story is well researched. An easy, but always entertaining read for anyone.

3. 3
      • Add to Shopping Bag
      • Add to Wish List

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West  

Gregory Maguire

List Price: $9.99 You Save: $1.46 (15%)

Online Price: $8.53

In stock

You truly will see Elphaba (or the Wicked Witch) in a whole new light, as well as all the other Oz characters. Although it can be a bit political, and at times wordy, it is always enthralling. Oz is a whole different place than you know it to be.

4. 4
      • Add to Shopping Bag
      • Add to Wish List

Son Of A Witch: Volume Two in The Wicked Years  

Gregory Maguire

List Price: $8.99 You Save: $0.46 (5%)

Online Price: $8.53

In stock

The second in this series is just as good as the first. The characters are as addictive as the first, and even some old favorites, or hated, show up.

5. 5
      • Add to Shopping Bag
      • Add to Wish List

The Mists of Avalon  

Marion Zimmer Bradley

List Price: $21.00 You Save: $4.61 (22%)

Online Price: $16.39

In stock

A fabulous retelling of the Arthurian legend from the women's point of view. It is a long book, but worth every second. It's been years since I've read it but intend to do so again soon.

6. 6
      • Add to Shopping Bag
      • Add to Wish List

George Orwell

List Price: $13.50 You Save: $1.55 (11%)

Online Price: $11.95

In stock

This is one of those books you just can't put down or wait to find out how it ends. It's a bit of a heavier read and can be unnerving. This book will stick with you long after you've finished it.

7. 7
      • Add to Wish List

Life Of Pi  

Yann Martel

List Price: $11.95

Unavailable

I found this book very hard to put down at first . . . you will find yourself marvelling at the circumstances. I gave it 4 leaves because it does get a bit slow in the middle, but stick with it and I promise you won't be disappointed.

8. 8
      • Add to Wish List

My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands  

Chelsea Handler

List Price: $16.95

Unavailable

This book is %100 entertainment . . . Chelsea is hilarious in her honesty about her one night stands. An easy read, because each chapter is a new stand alone story. My husband and I found it hilarious, and you can't help but love Chelsea despite all her faults. I can't wait to read "Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang"

9. 9
      • Add to Shopping Bag
      • Add to Wish List

The Shadow Of The Wind  

Carlos Ruiz Zafon

List Price: $19.00 You Save: $4.31 (23%)

Online Price: $14.69

In stock

Get lost in the streets of old Barcelona, and feel the sorrow of love lost. This is another mystery type book with a great feel.

• Cancel   

Close

< close and return to chapters.indigo.ca
kobo
  • Take your library with you wherever you go
  • Use the device you want to use… smartphone, desktop and many of today’s most popular eReaders
  • Coming soon… use Indigo gift cards to buy eBooks and subscriptions!

WHY KOBO?

We love the Kobo eReading service… and we know you will too. We’ve partnered with them to bring you the most flexible, enjoyable eReading experience in Canada.

SHOPPING ON KOBO

You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account with Kobo. Once you do, you’ll immediately get access to millions of titles and be ready to start eReading. Anytime. Anyplace.

continue to kobo